William K. Slate II, president and CEO of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) has announced that 12 legal and business professionals were elected to the Association's Board of Directors at its recent annual meeting in Dublin, Ireland.
The newly elected members of the Board are as follows:
- Steven A. Arbittier, a partner at Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll, LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Group and the Consumer Financial Services Group;
- Stephen D. Butler, managing counsel of Bechtel Corporation, with more than 30 years of domestic and international litigation and ADR practice in both the public and private sectors;
- The Hon. Cheryl Demmert Fairbanks, Tlingit-Tsimpshian member from Alaska, has served for 10 years as chief justice for the Yavapai-Apache Tribe, and two years as the family court judge for the Pueblo of Santa Clara;
- Phillip Finkelstein, a self-employed attorney and arbitrator, and Labor Counsel at Minnesota Nurses Association, who has been active in labor relations and alternative dispute resolution since 1983;
- Bradley E. Haddock, vice president, general counsel, and secretary of Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC, which is involved in the development, design, manufacture, and sale of specialty equipment and services for the refining, chemical, and processing industries;
- Forrest N. Krutter, senior vice president, general counsel, and secretary of the Berkshire Hathaway Group, with 20 years experience structuring insurance and reinsurance products and overseeing major insurance and reinsurance litigation for the Group;
- Teresa E. McCaslin, executive vice president, human resources & information systems of ContiGroup Companies, Inc., where she heads worldwide human resources, labor relations, information technology, public affairs, and corporate aircraft operations, and serves on the company's Management Committee;
- Cornelia Pillard, a professor at Georgetown University Law Center with a civil liberties and civil rights litigation background;
- James J. Seifert, vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary for Bemis Company in Minneapolis, which specializes in flexible packaging markets;
- Rodney A. Smolla, Dean of the University of Richmond School of Law as well as the George E. Allen Professor of Law;
- Christi L. Underwood, an attorney, arbitrator, and mediator based in Orlando, FL, who concentrates her practice in construction and commercial law;
- David A. R. Williams, Q.C., a barrister-at-law and arbitrator with Bankside Chambers in Auckland, New Zealand and Essex Court Chambers in London.