On November 10, 2010, the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) announced the launch of a Compliance Training Portal intended to help organizations strengthen their compliance efforts and enhance their ethical business culture.Developed with WeComply, Inc., an ACC Alliance Partner and a leading provider of compliance training and services, the portal offers a collection of easily accessible free and low-cost resources, including:
• "Train the Trainer" and "Do-It-Yourself"employee training courses that organizations can implement in a classroom setting and/or as measurable e-learning courses;
• A "Tip of the Week"and "Game of the Week"on 25 different compliance topics that organizations can offer their employees via email, company intranet, etc;
• A "Check-Card of the Week" that organizations can customize and print as wallet cards for employees on important compliance and ethics topics;
• An online "ACC Newsstand"containing articles and analyses covering the most important compliance issues of the day; and
• A variety of ACC compliance and ethics resources organized by topic.
"In today's business environment, ethics and compliance are among our members' highest priorities, and they're always looking for new ways to keep these issues 'top of mind' within their organizations," said James A. Merklinger, ACC's deputy general counsel and vice president of legal resources. "With our long-time Alliance partner WeComply, we have aggregated a wealth of useful resources that will give any organization a huge head start with its ethics and compliance efforts," he said.
ACC members can access all portal resources at www.acc.com/compliance. Many of these resources are also available to nonmembers.