To The Readers of The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel:
The ACC Greater New York Chapter (ACC-GNY) would like to extend its heartfelt thanks to outgoing board members Jeffrey Green, Dan Karson, Maryrose Maness and Rosemary Nelson.We cannot thank them enough for their hours of dedication to the in-house bar and tireless commitment and efforts to ACC's mission to provide continuing legal education and networking opportunities.They will all be missed.
ACC-GNY Annual Meeting/Compliance Seminar
On September 30, 2010, ACC-GNY held its annual meeting at the Museum of Art and Design at which the following new Directors were elected: Bonnie Brier, senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, New York University; David Brill, head of legal, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC; Henry Horbaczewski, senior vice president and general counsel, Reed Elsevier Inc.; Judith Moldover, senior staff attorney, Lawyers Alliance for New York; Reginald Rasch, general counsel and corporate secretary, LinkShare Corporation; Alex Simpson, vice president and general counsel, Reis, Inc. and Jeffrey Stern, executive director, Morgan Stanley. The annual meeting was followed by the chapter's annual compliance Seminar. The three hour CLE featured a variety of in-house and firm panelists and addressed topics including the internationalization of compliance programs, compliance training for board members and hot topics/regulatory movements under the Obama administration.Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres were enjoyed, making this a fun, relaxing and informative networking event. Attendees also toured the museum, including the featured exhibit: Dead or Alive: Nature Becomes Art.Special thanks to Mara Davis, Jessica Martini and Bob Roach, our Ethics and Compliance Practice Group leadership for coordinating this event.
Upcoming Events:ACC Members Save the Date!
• How To Deal Successfully With Government And Affect Public Policy In Today's Legal and Business Environment. October 6, 2010, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.; The Cornell Club, 6 East 44th Street. New York, NY 10017
• Social Networking Forensics. October 14, 2010; Location/Time TBA
• Smart Compliance: Find It and Fix It Before Litigation or Government Intervention. October 20, 2010, 3:30 - 7 p.m.; Vanderbilt Suites
• Retail Practice Group Meeting. October 21, 2010; Location/Time TBA
• Save the Date: Ethics Marathon - November 18!
Please visit our website at www.accgny.com for complete details.
We hope to see you at an ACC-GNY event in the near future!