Issues ranging from immigration to employee benefits will be examined in seminars included in this month's CLE calendar of the Houston Bar Association.
The schedule of presentations includes:
• Thursday, May 3, Get the Scoop: What Every Local Lawyer Should Know About MUDS (and Other Mysterious Acronyms), 8-9:30 a.m. at the Junior League of Houston, 1811 Briar Oaks Lane, Houston, with speakers Kathleen R. Ellison and Heather De La Garza, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.;
• Thursday, May 10, The Top Ten Issues in Business Immigration Law Today, 8-9:30 a.m., also at the Junior League of Houston, with speaker Leigh Nelson Ganchan, Epstein Becker Green Wycliff & Hall, P.C.;
• Friday, May 11, Texas Ethical Standards and Guidelines for Utilization of Non-Lawyer Assistants, 1-2:30 p.m. at the Harris County Jury Assembly Room, 1019 Congress Plaza, Houston, with speaker Ana M. Otero, professor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University;
• Thursday, May 17, Intellectual Property Litigation, 8-9:30 a.m., also at the Junior League of Houston, with speaker Thomas H. Adolph, Jackson Walker L.L.P.;
• Friday, May 18, A New Battleground for Non-Competes or Is the Battle Over?, 1-2:30 p.m., also at the Harris County Jury Assembly Room, with speaker Christopher C. Miller, Greenberg Traurig, LLP;
• Thursday, May 31, What Every Lawyer Should Know About the Rules and Regulations of Employee Benefits Plans, 8-9:30 a.m., also at the Junior League of Houston, with speakers Warren Kolb, Compass Insurance Company, and Naomi S. Ostfeld, Hays, McConn, Rice & Pickering, P.C.
For details on available CLE credits, see the Bulletin Board on The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel website at www.metrocorpcounsel.com.
To register for any of the sessions, visit www.hba.org.