The Southern California Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel America this month is planning its Third Annual Southern California In-House Counsel Conference.
The event will take place on Thursday, January 11 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Marriott Los Angeles Downtown, 333 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles.
Panels will include:
• Extreme Makeover: Software License Edition, with speakers Steven Mashal, BT Infonet; Robert (Rob) Kabat, Twentieth Century Fox, and Steven M. Weinberg, Greenberg Traurig, LLP;
• Latest Developments in Employment Law: What's In It For In-House Counsel?, with speakers Kathleen D. Katovich, Farmers Group, Inc.; Susan K. Laffer, Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc.; Teresa R. Tracy, Baker Hostetler LLP, and Alan K. Tse, LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.;
• Contract Boilerplate: Who Reads It Anyway?, with speakers Jeryl Bowers and Dennis Ehling, Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham LLP; John De-Groote, BearingPoint, Inc., and Stuart Pardau, J.D. Power & Associates;
• Do or Die: Corporate Emergency Planning Decoded, with speakers Wayne J. Lovett, Mercury Air Group, Inc.; Peter J. Tennyson, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, and Michael V. Ward, Targus Group International, Inc.;
• Surprise: SOX Goes Private, with speakers Ken Corhan, Lewis Operating Corp.; Wayne J. Lovett, Mercury Air Group, Inc., and Michael P. (Mike) McCloskey, Foley & Lardner LLP;
• Surviving the Ethical Quicksand, Quagmires & Quandaries of Practicing Law In-House, with speakers Kris Ashman, Hyundai Motor America/Hyundai Motor Finance Co.; Stephen Martin, Corpedia, Inc., and Grace Wang, LexisNexis.
For details on registration fees and available CLE credits, see the Bulletin Board on The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel website at www.metrocorpcounsel.com.
For reservations, call Jessica Pittman at (213) 443-1105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.